Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cooper's 8th Birthday and His Baptism

On March 26th my boy turned 8 years old. I love him so much and I can't believe how fast he is growing up! He was very anxious to turn 8 so that he can be baptized. Our plan was to have his baptism here in NM. When we found out that Cathy (Taylor's mom) wouldn't be well enough to travel we immediately made plans to have the baptism in AZ so that she could attend. Cooper is the oldest grandchild for Taylor's mom and the first to be baptized. It was really important for her to be there.

The baptism was beautiful. It was a perfect day! I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. It makes me proud to think that my son chose to be baptized and get confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Maybe as parents Taylor and I really are doing something right.

Our family


Cooper and my parents (Grandma Barbara and Papa Larry)


Grandma Cathy and Cooper


Cooper and Taylor's parents (Grandma Cathy and Granddad Butch)


Cooper and his cousins on Taylor's side. (Caidgen, Cooper, Cody, Ami, Tylie and Natalie)


The rest of our visit in AZ was great. Here are a few random pics.

We got Cooper got a .22 rifle for his 8th birthday. So Taylor and Ben took Cooper shooting. They had a great time.


Eli giving Grandma Barbara kisses


Eli enjoying birthday cake


Papa Larry and Cody reading

5 comments:

JMP said...

Wow Stephanie!I can't believe Cooper is 8!Life goes by so fast!I'm so glad I get to read your blog and get a "peek" into your life. You are such a cute family!

kemptons said...

Happy Birthday to Cooper. Doesn't it feel crazy to have an eight year old. How nice that you were able to have it here in AZ so that all your family could be there.

laura said...

That was such a special day! Your dad talked about Cooper falling but I had no idea he got stitches!! Ouch!

Jen Kesler said...

Steph...I just wanted to tell you that your Cooper is one super smart kid. He blows me away at Scouts! He comes up with answers and ideas that I could never, ever come up with and he is such a sweet boy! Good work on raising a good kid!

Katy, Bill and Easton said...

Steph! I can't believe that Cooper is 8! I remember babysitting him when he was a baby and you guys livedin your first apartment!
I love seeing this pics of your family!