Sunday, December 9, 2007

THE WORST!!!

I am sitting here in a quiet house reflecting on how I survived this last week. Here is just a glimpse of what went on.
I was awoken Monday morning to Cody sitting over me squeezing my face saying, "Wake up mommy, I want cereal". I rolled over and notice that the clock read 5:30am. There is no way in heck I am getting up at 5:30 to fix this kid cereal, so I tuck him in bed next to me and pray that he falls back asleep. Well, he didn't. I finally peel myself out of bed around 6:00am and jump in the shower. And so my week begins and little did I know it would only get worse from here.
Tuesday I had to take Eli into the doctor because his nose was runny and his eye was oozing green stuff. After waiting 2 long hours in the waiting room at the doctor's office, I found out he had an eye infection and a little head cold. Thanks goodness it was nothing serious!!
Wednesday I took Natalie and Cooper into the dentist for the first time and got some really bad news. They have bad teeth. He said that their baby teeth are not very thick and so they are prone to cavities. Natalie needs 2 fillings and 4 crowns, and Cooper needs 1 filling and 2 crowns. There goes Christmas for us!!
Thursday I had an appt. to get my IUD. I don't think I have to explain this one. It was not very much fun.
Friday morning I woke up in the worst pain of my life. Every time Eli would breastfeed I felt like somebody was taking a knife to my chest. Later that day I got really sick and started running a fever. I called the doctor and he said that I had Mastitis. If any of you have had this you know exactly how I was feeling. Taylor took off that night to go on a police ride-along with one of his friends so I was taking care of the kids by myself.....I don't recommend that if you have a breast infection. Cody came into my room in the middle of the night Friday burning up. I took his temperature and it was 103.2!! He was struggling to breath. Here I was alone with all 4 kids and Taylor was gone, I was so scared!! I said a silent prayer to help me calm down and after that I knew everything would be ok. Taylor got home shortly after that. I was too sick to take Cody to the doctor so Taylor took him and found out that he had Croup (Spelling?). We got some steroids for him and it seems to be helping.
Yesterday Taylor took Cooper and Natalie and our friends up to the mountains to cut down a Christmas tree. They had such a wonderful time it is now a new tradition for us.
Although I have had a HORRIBLE week, I have to say how grateful I am for my life and how grateful I am for doctors!! I have to remember that things could be a lot worse!!

4 comments:

laura said...

Oh my gosh Steph! I am so sorry. What a horrible week! I hope you are all feeling better. The Christmas tree thing sounds so fun though!

Haught Fudge said...

Steph! When I asked you how was your week, yesterday on the phone, you said nothing to lead me to believe your life was slowing falling apart at the seams for a week! I hope everything gets better for you. Wish we could be there to take care of the kids for you.

Steve and Sarah said...

Holy Cow. How do moms do it? You know our Husbands would have been on their death bed!!! I hope everyone is doing better now. Talk to you soon. This is Sarah by the way, I will explain the wierd name later!!!

Tanya Kimball said...

Stephanie! I had mastitis with my first and it was worse than delivery!!! Hopefully your little guy will take a bottle for a little while! Also, both of my kids have croup right now too! My little guy can't get over the nasty cough... I've tried anything and everything. He's on steroids, humidifier, cough suppressant, steam shower...let me know if you think of anything that I might not be doing! Good Luck with the upcoming week!