Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A couple home projects......

Taylor has been listening to me curse my kitchen sink for 4 years. He finally gave in and let me buy a new one. I splurged and got a new faucet too! I am in love with it! It "only" took us 10 trips to the hardware store and 3 days to install it! I am so glad that it is finally done.


About 6 weeks ago we planted a garden. It has really come a long way! I think the funnest thing about having a garden is the joy it brings the kids. They take such good care of it. Don't be surprised if you find bags full of veggies on your doorstep, I am afraid we planted way too much for our little family! Especially considering I am the only one that eats vegetables in our household!

These pics were taken 2 weeks after we planted. The peas and corn were from seed.
Zuccini


Corn


Peas


Here is the garden now. And it is growing by the second!
Zuccini and Tomatoes

Peas and Corn

Eli loves the garden. He especially likes to water it with his daddy.

8 comments:

Sunflower-6 said...

I love your new sink and your garden looks awesome. It is so much fun to see the fruits and veggies of our labors!

Kristie said...

wow your garden is doing really well! Your corn is mucher bigger than mine!

Kristie said...

*much bigger

Jen Kesler said...

Your sink and faucet are gorgeous. My sink and faucet are so flimsy in this house...I hope to replace them eventually. Congrats on your garden!! It looks great! Maybe the kids will actually eat the veggies since they grew them!?!

Carrie said...

What a good idea. Your kids are so cute! :)

laura said...

I wish we lived there so we could eat your veggies! I want a garden but I have no idea how and I would probably let everything die! Way to go.

Stef said...

LOVE your garden. And now you have a beautiful sink to rinse the veggies in! NICE!

Jensen Family said...

love the new sink! and i can't believe how well your garden is growing! i need to start one