Saturday, November 14, 2009

A New Addition to the Haught Home

We had something really exciting happen in our home recently. Taylor and I have been waiting anxiously for this day for over a year...........here it is.......

















TAYLOR'S BEAR RUG FINALLY GOT DONE




We searched all over the house to find a place to hang it. Finally we agreed that the staircase was a perfect location. Now when I get up in the middle of the night I am greeted by a smile from our new family member. I am so lucky!!

6 comments:

HFG said...

that is awesome guys!!

Stef said...

Wow! That is awesome...a bit scary to wake up to in the night. Although, there is probably comfort in knowing that your husband killed the thing and so could protect you from grizzly intruders. How cool, though!

Laura said...

You are a good wife! No way I would have that in my house. Too scary! lol.

Brown Town Mom said...

I am laughing so hard right now. It takes a special woman to be married to a hunter. It's one thing to eat the meat he brings home, entirely another to have the body of said meat hanging in the stairwell. I am NOT that woman. :) YOU are AWESOME!

Rennie said...

I think you should have mounted it facing up the stairs on an angle...then it would look like it's coming up the stairs after you!

I also think that every time your husband looks at it he should get down on his knees and thank you for allowing him to put it up in your house! We once had a stuffed wood duck mounted on a piece of drift wood in our bedroom! That lasted about a month before I decided that I couldn't stand it watching me get dressed and undressed! EW!

kemptons said...

I don't know how you do it Stephanie! I could never be a hunters wife. There is no way that thing would be going up in my house. I am glad that Steven has no interest in hunting. Far from it; he freaks out at the thought of running over a bird! It is a pretty cool bear rug though.