Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mr. Romantic


Mondays are hard to get moving, right? I always feel like I'm carrying an extra 50 pounds. This last Monday was no different, it was a rough one for me. Until after school......I pull up to the house (around 4:00) and notice Taylor's truck in the drive way. YAY! He's home early. I proceed to walk into the kitchen where I notice a single rose and a card. I immediately started thinking, "oh, crap! What special day did I forget?" I opened the card and started reading. I'll spare you the details, but basically my adorable hubby asked me to go on date with him. Our date was scheduled for Wednesday night at 8:00pm. Kinda late for a school night but of course I agreed to go.
Wednesday came. I had a meeting that evening so I wasn't going to be home until around 8:00. To my surprise, I came home to the lights off, kids in bed, and no babysitter. Taylor greeted me at the door and asked if I was ready to go. He then walked me into the kitchen and sat me down at the kitchen table. He magically pulled out "take out" from AZUMA! My favorite restaurant right now. He then pulled out candles and champagne glasses (for Martinellis). Awwww! My heart melted! He knew just what I needed after a hard week. After dinner we watched a movie. It was a late night but well worth it!
I love my Taylor. He is so romantic. Always full of surprises and always knows how to make me laugh. I love you babe! Thanks for the great evening.

6 comments:

Jess & Jessica said...

What a great husband you have!!! Those kind of surprises leave you with a warm heart for a long time. :)

Chelsey said...

Wow--that's so sweet! Taylor wins the "Super Hubby" award for the week. I'd like to see all husbands participate in that competition!

Stef said...

Can he teach Priesthood on Sunday?? My husband needs to learn from yours...wink. That is great!!

Jensen Family said...

freakin cute... soooo cute! thats a good hubs right there!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh, this post makes me cry too! Between you and me (and everyone in the world who reads this!) Blue used to do that all the time...I took it for grantid. Now that he works so hard and so many hours - well, I miss that connection! Taylor rocks! He really knows how to be there for you.

Karen and Family said...

Totally made me tear up! How sweet:)