Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Relief Society


The funniest thing happened to me on Sunday. I was sitting in Relief Society enjoying the peace and quiet when I heard the door opening. I look over to see who it was and in came running Cody holding his diaper area. At the top of his lungs he screams out "Hurry mommy, I have to go pee!!" Immediately my face turns bright red and I jump up to grab his hand. I could hear the soft snickers of laughter coming from the other moms. There were a couple things wrong with this situation. #1- We never use the word PEE in my house, I think it sounds rude. #2- We never yell in church. #3- Cody is not even potty trained!!!
I was so confused but went ahead and took him to the bathroom where he proceeded to sit on the toilet and try to go potty. Of course nothing came out....his diaper was soaking wet. We washed his hands and I took him back to nursery.
I was seriously not ready for this time in my life. Running to the toilet every 10 minutes, wet underwear, knowing where every public restroom is located in the Albuquerque area. Despite all these frustrations, I decided that this morning (Tuesday) maybe he was ready to start potty training. I did not want to be the reason he still wears diapers. So, I made him a "Potty Chart" and told him all about how it works. He was jumping up and down with excitement. It is now 1:00 in the afternoon and he has stayed dry all day and told me every time when he is ready to go potty. About every 15-20 minutes. Woo Hoo for me!!! I sure hope he sticks to it. Unfortunately, I am now tied to my house for the next week while we become professionals!!

8 comments:

laura said...

How cute! I am not looking forward to the day when I have to potty train Tylie, although it would be nice not to have to buy diapers! Hey we bought our plane tickets and I heard you did too. Florida here we come! No backing out now Houston!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Wedding or no wedding we are going to Florida!! YEA!!

Steve and Sarah said...

You got to love what comes out of the mouths of 2 year olds. How funny. How did you not bust up laughing?? Looks like you decided to go to Florida! Yaaa. You will have a blast.

Haught Fudge said...

Cody is so awesome. I miss you guys!

CDR said...

I just wanted to give you some encouragement, but it looks like Cody is off to a great start. I am sure it is not easy potty training with a baby. I am pretty sure I cried when I was potty training Weston, no, I definitely cried. Good for you!

Rachael said...

Oh I am so glad! It is going to be a blast! Just be prepared to sweat a little! Have you been before?

I need to get your phone number. I forgot to do that before we left AZ. Hope all is well!

Haught Fudge said...

We are flying in at 11 pm. So sorry its late! Do you think you guys could pick us up?

Matt and Jayna said...

Hey! That's cool that you guys have a blog also! I did the same thing and ditched myspace. We like the 'blogging world' too. It's easier to keep in touch and not so much junk. That's so cute about Cody. Good Luck with the potty training! I'm not looking forward to it.