Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Alone.......AGAIN!!

Close your eyes and picture my house. It is 5:26pm on a Wednesday.....Cooper is sitting at the kitchen table attempting to do homework while Cody is climbing on the table trying to color on whatever he can get his hands on. Cody is crying because Cooper won't let him scribble on his homework. Eli is in the swing but screaming because he is ready to be fed and I am the only one that can satisfy him. Natalie is trying to calm him down but sadly making his screaming worse. Meanwhile, I am in the kitchen looking for something to cook for dinner. I finally scrounge up some food and get cooking. As soon as I get it on the table I sit down to feed Eli. AAHHH, silence. Not even 2 seconds later I hear a crash on the floor!! Just when I thought nothing else could add to the chaos Cody dropped his bowl on the floor spilling/splattering all of its contents (soup) all over my floor and table. Cody starts crying. This was the second time he had spilled a bowl FULL of food today. I hold back from freaking out, quietly clean up the mess and fill another bowl for him. HELP!!!
Taylor's work requires him to travel quite a bit. Tonight is one of those times. The trips are never very long but long enough for me to anxiously await his return. I did not mind much in the beginning because it allowed me some alone time with the children and for once I got to control the TV remote in the evenings. I could do whatever I wanted and not have to answer to anyone. For some reason (maybe the new addition to our family) his short times away from the family have become very difficult for me. I used to think that I could do everything on my own, with no help from Taylor, but all of a sudden I stand corrected. The last couple of times he has left I noticed that his help and support is greatly missed when he is away. I have a hard time holding it all together. Mostly emotionally, I need him here to listen to me when I need to vent frustrations. He should be back tomorrow night. Hopefully I can stand strong until he gets home!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This?

Or That?

Tim and Clarissa said...

Hey if you ever need someone to help Tim and I are always around!

Clarissa

Frankie and Krista said...

I don't think you ever get used to them being gone. But, in some ways it does get a little easier. Each time he goes you will get a little better at it. I am going on 4 years of every week. It is still hard, but not like it was at the beginning! Good luck!

Doug and Becca said...

I totally understand. Doug used to travel and at first I loved it because I could do what I wanted but since Ashley I hate it. Its just nice to have someone to look forward to coming home and having someone to talk to. I swear, I never knew raising kids could be so hard and frustrating sometimes...my mom never told me, or I never listened. Good job! You are a good mom!

Rachael said...

Hi! I can't even imagine how hard it is sometimes. You must be a saint!
It was so much fun getting to know you guys at the cabin! I hope to see you guys in Florida!