Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley 1910-2008


We got a text from Cathy (Taylor's mom) on Sunday night saying that President Hinckley had passed away. He was 97 years old and had been our prophet since March 12, 1995. He was the 15th prophet of our church and was so dedicated to share the gospel with the world. At first I could not believe it. He looked healthy at the last conference. We immediately rushed to the computer to see if anything had been posted in the news. None of the Utah News websites were working...probably because EVERY mormon in the world was trying to research the circumstances of his death. I loved President Hinckley and I will seriously miss him!!

3 comments:

laura said...

Sorry it was a little crazy when you called! Tylie loved talking to Cody. That is funny you said my hair looks darker because I just got it done and I was so dissapointed that it didn't look any different. I wanted it blonder, and now people are saying it looks darker! Ahh!

CDR said...

I will miss him too. He was such an amzing person. Thank you for posting that.

Anonymous said...

This?

Or That?