Friday, January 11, 2008

Well Child Check


I took Eli in for his 2 month well-child check. He now weighs 12 lbs. and is 23 inches long. Woo Hoo for Eli. Stinks for mom. I want him to stay a newborn forever. I was glad to hear that he is recovering well from his sickness. While I was there I got lectured on how I need to be tougher on him. I have allowed him to continue sleeping in his carseat because I am so scared that he is going to quit breathing. He was so sick just a couple of weeks ago and I don't want him to struggle breathing like he was before. Not only does the doctor want him to start sleeping lying down, he wants me to put him in his own room.....IS HE KIDDING ME? Let's take this one step at a time here doc!! Then he proceeds to tell me that I don't need to feed him in the middle of the night. That he is old enough to go at least 8 hours without food. Ok, hold up, I am a grown woman and I can't even go 8 hours without food. By the end of this conversation I was just nodding and agreeing with everything the doctor was saying. Mother knows best, I will do what I want on my own terms......HA. I showed him!!

3 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

I hear ya! You are so right! It's not like this is your first baby...you're a pro!

It's payday, I'm off to pay bills. Wish me luck!

laura said...

Eli is growing too fast! That is cute that Cody loves Taylor so much. Tylie is starting to call daddy "Dallas" it's so funny!

Melissa said...

I'm So glad you said Hi! I am loving this blog thing, being able to see old friends. Your kids are so cute... and big. Has it really been that long? So how do you like New Mexico? We love KC, but it would be nice to be able to drive to visit family.
As for this Doc, I'm proud of you for sticking up for Eli. Have you noticed Dr. advice changes from kid to kid? You just do what you feel is best. You know what you're doing. Glad to see all is well, Keep in touch!