Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Tree and a Special Visitor

One of my favorite Christmas traditions unique to our family is going up north to the mountains and cutting down a Christmas tree. The last couple of years I was unable to go because Eli was just too young to go. This year was fun because I finally got to go! There was a ton of snow on the ground and Eli was a complete stinker which is why I have no pics of us ACTUALLY cutting down the tree. We stopped off at a little cafe afterwards and got some hot chocolate and lunch. The kids enjoyed decorating the tree once we got home. They really took their time placing the ornaments. I think it is neat that they take pride in the tree they picked out.
This weekend Taylor's little sister, Jennifer, came to visit us. My kids have been looking forward to this for 2 weeks. They were so excited! I am so grateful that my kids get along with their Aunt so well. I enjoyed hanging out with her too, we ate lots of sugar cookies, laughed at my hubby, played with the kiddos and watched a hilarious movie. :-)
I was sad to see her go but hopefully we'll be going to AZ again soon to visit.


4 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

What a fun tradition! I really do LOVE your family pics! Great colors, background everyone is getting so big. Do my kids look that big? Where did the time go?

Marcella Deter said...

how fun to cut your own Christmas tree. my parents have a fake one, which bugs the crap out of me :) my hubby said that he saw you on Sunday. It looks like we wont be staying in NM. i wish i could have hung out with you a little more. you will have a friend in CA however, if you guys ever come and visit :)

Larson log said...

Great family picture!

Stef said...

Your family pictures are great!