Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 26th


One year ago today my sweet Mother-in-Law lost her battle with cancer. She was the worlds greatest Grandma to my kids and such an example of faith. She fought long and we're so proud of her. We miss Cathy so much but I get to feel her often. I am glad for the plan of salvation and the knowledge the comfort the gospel brings me that one day we can live with her again.
My thoughts are with her children today, especially her daughters. I can't imagine going through life without the help of my mother. Love you Tash and Jenn. Hang in there!

P.S. In honor of Cathy, I am going to consume a whole entire bag of Hershey candy bars.


I wanted to share this because it is one of my most cherished memories with Cathy. This pic is from Cooper's birth. I will never forget that day. It was a very special/scary time for Taylor and I. Cathy and Butch sat at the hospital all night with us anxiously waiting for their first grandchild. I remember the moment Cooper was born. Taylor, myself, Cathy and Butch were all bawling our eyes out. The spirit was so strong and we all knew at that moment that Cooper was sent specifically to our family for a reason. It was a very neat experience and I'm so grateful I was able to share that with them.

We have the privilege of passing Cathy's grave everytime we drive in to AZ. We always stop and spend a few minutes there. The kids enjoy it and I think it helps them feel like their Grandma isn't that far away.















2 comments:

Stef said...

Oh, what a great lady she must have been. And if you need help with those hershy bars, call me up. Anytime!

CDR said...

I love the candy bar thought! Those are really sweet photos, the surrounding area looks very lovely.