Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Baby

We welcomed our sweet baby boy into the world on Thursday morning the 18th. He weighed in at 6 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19 in. long. I woke up Wednesday morning not really feeling well and having contractions but they were very inconsistant and started out not very painful. By early afternoon the contractions were still inconsistant but the pain was increasing. I finally got so uncomfortable that I called my doctor. Well the on-call doctor called me back and told me not to go into the hospital until the contractions were 5 minutes apart. I tried to ignore the pain but by late night I could not handle it anymore. I called the doctor back and told him we were headed to the hospital to at least get checked out and see what was going on. Taylor and I raced out of the house at midnight. We got to the hospital in record timing....plowing through red lights and not stopping for anything. The nurses checked me when I got there and they said I was dilated to 8 centimeters!!! At this point I was in the most pain I had ever felt before. Taylor and I both asked for an epidural but there was no time. Literally 2 seconds later I could feel the baby coming. They rushed me down the hall to the labor and delivery room where 3 other nurses were waiting for me. They did not even have time to put gloves on and the doctor was not in the room and all of a sudden I had the urge to push. And seriously out flew baby Eli. The doctor came in right in time to catch him. From the time I checked in at the front desk to the time Eli was born was exactly 13 minutes. Thank goodness Taylor did not have to deliver him in the truck!!
I never thought I would say this but I am so grateful to not be pregnant anymore. It sure took a toll on my body!! Having a newborn brings on a whole new set of challenges but I am sooo ready.





No comments: