Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dad is in Charge.......

Ok, so I went to AZ with just Eli this past weekend. I have been home for a couple of days now and Taylor keeps telling me funny stories of things that happened while I was gone. Here are my favorites!
1. Cooper had a baseball game Friday night. Taylor did not want to take the other kids by himself so I found some friends of ours that were willing to step in and help out. Taylor and the kids did not get home until late that night and they were all exhausted. Cooper had a game early Saturday morning so Taylor suggested that Cooper just sleep in his uniform. Cooper happily agreed. The next morning they got up and got ready for another game. Taylor asked Cooper where his "protective cup" was and Cooper said he was already wearing it. Cooper proceeded to tell him that he had slept in it last night. Taylor started hysterically laughing. There are so many things wrong with this story!!! And don't worry, everything has been thoroughly disinfected.
2. After the baseball game on Saturday Taylor took the kids to check out a pop-up trailer that he had found on craigslist. Then he had the kids call me and tell me that they bought a trailer. Hmmmm, I did not know we were in the market for a trailer??!!! I leave for a couple of days and come home to a new addition to our family!! He keeps trying to tell me that it is for me and that it makes my life easier.......
3. The kids had absolutely NOTHING healthy for them the whole weekend. They were fed but definitely not the food I would have given them. They were all dehydrated and malnourished by the time I got home Sunday night.
I am so grateful that Taylor was willing to watch the kids and even though things were not done MY way, the kids survived!!

4 comments:

CDR said...

I love the pop up, when I leave and come back, my husband always has new stuff in the home too. I really think you will like the pop up,in the long run.

Rennie said...

Another example of the things men will do and women won't!

Jen Kesler said...

I think you'll love the trailer...it's so much better than a darn tent! Just have an air conditioner installed on the roof and we can go to Elephant Butte together (it's so hot there, but way fun in the water!!).

kemptons said...

Don't we love our husbands. How fun though. Steven would be jealous. I see lots of camping trips in the future! Congratulations on becoming a Aunt again. She is adorable!