Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reader's Discretion is Advised

Ever since Cooper was born Taylor has been talking about how excited he was to take Cooper hunting with him. We even had discussions about what age we thought was appropriate. My response was NEVER but since I knew that was not going to work we compromised on age 7. Cooper has been waiting for this day, which for him feels like forever. Well, the time has come!

Tuesday at 3:00 in the morning Taylor and Cooper left to go turkey hunting. It was a bitter sweet moment. I don't know, maybe it is the image of 2 boys wandering around the wilderness with guns just waiting for something to shoot! Nothing good can come of that! They had a wonderful time together despite a couple of obstacles. The truck got stuck in some snow on the way up a mountain. Taylor said that for about an hour even he was concerned they were going to have to hike back to civilization. After some hard work and a faith driven prayer they made it out safely. The rest of the day went well. They saw some turkeys but could not get a good shot.
Cooper's favorite part of the whole day was when he got go to the bathroom outside. Well, Taylor did not pack any toilet paper so he suggested that Cooper take off his undershirt and use that to wipe. Cooper thought that was the coolest thing ever! It was the very first thing he told me when he got home. Naturally, I asked where the t-shirt was now and Taylor said, "It was left in the woods." There are a lot of other things I would love to ask about but after that story I think some things are better left unsaid! Taylor had a great time with his son and he keeps saying how proud of him he is. Cooper even got to carry his own gun, a BB gun, but still he felt pretty special. They walked and walked and walked all day and Taylor said that Cooper did not complain once! I guess Taylor has a new hunting partner!!

7 comments:

Steve and Sarah said...

I have never laughed so hard in my life, that is such a Taylor thing to do! Remember the sock incident?

Haught Fudge said...

Wow, that is awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
laura said...

That is so cute! When did Cooper get to be so big? Love the trailor!

Matt and Jayna said...

I would be scared to let my son go hunting also! That's good everything worked out. Cute pictures and so funny to read.
Also, I was so glad to see pictures of cute little Reagan. She is a beautiful baby!! 22 hours of labor is awful...poor Marlene!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Welly's said...

I loved reading this. It made me laugh so hard. Matt lasughed as well. I would love the guys to video their camping trips for those funny stories. I am happy for your Cooper. I bet he thought he was one of the guys now. AWEOSME!