Saturday, July 5, 2008

Backyard Work

For the past couple of weeks Taylor and I have been working on getting our backyard done. When had grass back there for the past couple of years but I decided a few weeks ago that I was tired of the grass and I was ready for a change. Unfortunately for Taylor, when I get my mind set to something it is going to happen even if I have to do the work myself.
We don't have a huge yard, actually I can't even hardly call it a yard at all....it is tiny. So I thought for sure I could tackle this project by myself. Well, my good friend Heather came to the rescue and offered to help me. So one day we headed out with our shovels in hand and tore out the grass ourselves. It was really hard work and I would have never finished it if it weren't for her help. It was such a sense of accomplishment when we finally came to the last patch of grass. Taylor brought in some rock to put down instead. We figured it would hold up better with kids. I also built a raised flower bed to add a little bit of color in our yard. I am pretty proud of myself because I built it all by myself!! We still have a couple other little things we want to do in the yard but for the most part we are done!






Our yard is much more kid-friendly now. All the kids in our cul-de-sac end up at our house playing! I love it! I know it sounds stupid but it has been so awesome to see all of our hard work turn into something really nice!

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Stephanie, the yard looks awesome! I'm totally impressed!!!

Steve and Sarah said...

I am so jealous! A finished yard. It looks great. Is Taylor eating a sucker in one of the pictures?!

Kelly said...

where are the vegetables? I thought the raised garden was for that. Next year I guess. I for one, have done NOTHING outside since we talked. Nothing but observe a weed keep growing...