Friday, September 26, 2008

Something to Think About

My mother-in-law sent this to me. I thought it was really helpful. I definitely need to be reminded of this. Hopefully this will help you too.



Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened to the rain lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each day on the fly? When you ask, 'How are you?' Do you hear the reply?


When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred chores running through your head? Ever told your child, 'We'll do it tomorrow.' And in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die? Just call to say 'Hi'?


When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened gift... Thrown away.... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

4 comments:

Laura said...

It is so easy to let the best things in life pass us by as we are so focused on our schedules. That for the reminder!

Jess & Jessica said...

I love this poem/thought. Thank you for sharing. It sure was a nice reminder.

Kelly said...

thanks for your comment. It really meant a lot. Oh, and I enjoyed your "pity party" post. what chaos. Whatever you had to buy, I just don't think it was worth it!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

I had to get a birthday present for a party that Natalie had to go to that night. It was a necessity, unfortunately!