Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Way to Go Mom!!!!

My mom got nominated for Nurse of the Year in the category of "Rising Star". There were over 300 nominees in all the categories combined so this was a huge honor for her. When I heard that my mom was one of the 3 finalists I just had to fly to AZ to support her. It would be amazing if she actually won this award. Taylor is such an amazing husband, he willingly took all the kids so that I could travel with just Eli.
The March of Dimes sponsored a dinner to present the awards to the winners. My dad, Marlene, Ben, and I all went to the Awards Dinner. We waited in anticipation throughout the whole dinner to see if she won. Her category finally came and believe it or not, she won!! We were all so proud of her. She has worked so hard and I am glad that I have her as an example to me. Not only has she successfully raised 7 wonderful children but then she still had the energy to go back to school and become a nurse. She is amazing and I am so proud to have her as my mom! I hope I can be that ambitious after my kids are all grown up and gone!




Amber was such a big help with Eli. I wish my kids lived closer to their cousins.

The rest of the weekend was a blast as well. All of us sisters (Marlene, Karen, Tracy and I) took Reagan (Marlene's daughter) and Amber (Karen's daughter) to get their ear's pierced. I hated seeing my little babies crying in pain but they got over it rather quickly and now they proudly sport jewelry.



5 comments:

Jen Kesler said...

What an amazing honor for your Mom. I am so glad that you were able to be there with her!!!

laura said...

Your mom is amazing! That is awesome!!

Jess & Jessica said...

Yeah for your mom!!!! Isn't it the best feeling when you are the one that gets to celebrate something exciting in you parents life.? That is so neat!!! :)

Rhino said...

Your mom is awesome....that is so cool that she went back to school after raising her kids and has been so successful!! How encouraging.

Tanya Kimball said...

Wow! What an accomplishment for your mom! So exciting that she won! She is a great example to me...I am currently waiting to get into the nursing program.