Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter/Birthday Party in AZ

We went back to AZ to spend Easter and Cooper's birthday with family. First of all I have to say that it was quite warm. Our bodies have definitely adjusted to Albuquerque weather because even 75 degrees feels warm to us.
Easter was so fun with the kids this year. Grandma Cathy (Taylor's mom) really gets into holidays, I love that about her.

She ended up coloring 36 eggs with the kids, she is very brave and I was grateful that I did not have to do it!!
On Saturday afternoon we had a birthday party with my family for Cooper and my niece Amber. Since it was so "nice" outside we went to the park and played wiffle ball. It was so much fun!! Cooper and Amber had a good party and got lots of fun toys!


Sunday was started rather early when the kids ran out to the family room and noticed that the Easter Bunny had come. All of the adults were still in bed so nobody was watching over what the kids were doing or whose basket they were rummaging through. Grandma Cathy walked in the room just as one of the kids was holding up a rather large pair of swim trunks. The kids were so happy and excited, little did they know that they were going through Granddad's basket and those were his swim trunks. I thought it was funny because they did not even care what was in the basket they were just so happy to look through it. Later that night we had a big Easter dinner with the rest of the family and celebrated yet again Cooper's birthday.


Whenever I go back I get sad to come home because I realize how nice it would be to live near family. Not only for their company but also for their help with our children. Both our families are so good at stepping in and helping when things get out of control. Cooper and Natalie had a great time with their cousins and i truly miss having my siblings around!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

so when are you coming back???

Steve and Sarah said...

We love it when you come back too! Thanks for making time for us. Glad you had a good time. Too bad next time you come it will be at least 20-30 degrees HOTTER. I am not ready for it.

Steve and Sarah said...

We love it when you come back too! Thanks for making time for us. Glad you had a good time. Too bad next time you come it will be at least 20-30 degrees HOTTER. I am not ready for it.

Jen Kesler said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Arizona! I have been feeling a bit homesick lately too! It is so nice to be able to be around family when you have little ones...have a great day!