Monday, March 17, 2008

Weekly Update

There is not much exciting news from this neck of the woods.
Taylor worked like a dog this past week. I think there was only one day that he got home in time to help put kids down to bed. I had a great week with the kids though. I made a goal to not have the TV on at all during the day. I find it amazing how many conversations I had with the kids and I got to spend good quality time with them. I hope it lasts because these last few days have been so pleasant. Hopefully my goal will carry on to Taylor....he will be a tough one!!
The weather has been nice, we actually got to go outside to play a couple of afternoons without having to wear gloves and a jacket. Spring time here we come. I am soooooo ready!!
Saturday I woke up early (what was I thinking?)and went to Wal-Mart for groceries. It was kind of nice to shop early when you don't have to play bumper carts with fellow moms and senior citizens! It felt like I had the whole store to myself. When I got home Taylor left to go fishing. I know, I am a good wife! Cooper headed to his 3 hour baseball practice (a little extensive in my opinion) and I took the other 3 to the park where they were having a Spring Fiesta. Unfortunately, it was really windy and the kids were cranky so we did not stay very long. We went to the baseball fields to watch the rest of Cooper's practice. I got there just in time to watch him hit in the batting cage. I am very proud of him, he has grown and improved tremendously since last fall. I can't wait for his games to start. All you Grandparents need to come see him play!! Saturday night after Taylor got home we went to Sally's Beauty Supply and I bought hair dye. Since I colored it last it has faded a lot so I am going to attempt to do it myself. I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
Sunday I had to stay home from church because Eli now has a runny nose and a cough. It may be allergies from being out all day Saturday. We will have to wait and see what develops. He also got sunburned because I did not realize that even though the temperature is not hot, the sun can still burn you! I am a dork. I feel really bad about it, he now has the nickname Lobster!! I kept Cody home too, no need to make Taylor go with all 3 kids by himself. So, since I only had 2 kids home I decided to take advantage and do some housecleaning. I feel bad now, I should not have done so much on Sunday but I was DESPERATE!
Now a new week begins. We have school, doctor's apps, baseball practice, field trips and more laundry to get done. I have to get everything prepared for Easter before Friday because we are headed to AZ to spend it with family. Hope everyone has a good week and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh my, I just read your plane ride story. I'm so nervous to fly to Utah on Wednesday. I really hope that Casen does well, but if he doesn't, then I know I won't be the only one who has a crying baby on a plane. I'm glad I read that! I needed it.

Jen Kesler said...

You're such a good mom!! Have fun in AZ!

Kelly said...

thanks for your comment about my Grandma, it was very sweet. see you soon!

Matt and Jayna said...

That is so exciting about Marlene being pregnant! I'm not sure if I ever knew that. When is she due? Probably soon if she had a shower. I bet your family is so excited to have another baby in the family. Hope you guys have a fun time here in AZ!