Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Can you guess what these are?


Turkey feathers and a very proud man!!


Taylor's Bird


Cleaning the Turkey


This is how I felt about eating the turkey

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. He took full responsibility for the house, the cooking, and the kids today. I have been very well taken care of all day long. He even killed and cooked our dinner. On Friday while he was driving back from up North he spotted a turkey running up a hill. He threw his truck in park and chased after it. He just happened to have his gun with him because of his hunt with Cooper a couple of weeks ago. He shot 3 times at it and eventually killed it. He brought it home in a cooler and cleaned it up. So, Happy Mother's Day to me, I got to enjoy a home cooked wild turkey. There is nothing more manly than "bringing home the bacon" for the family...or turkey in this case!! Thanks honey for a wonderful meal and a wonderful Mother's Day.

My family


I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my mother-in-law (who I consider my mom). I feel very blessed to have them in my life. I am grateful to them for being a constant reminder of how to be a good mom and how to be a righteous daughter of God. I appreciate their love and support and I hope that I can make them proud of how I am raising my own family! I love you guys and I hope you had a great day!

11 comments:

kemptons said...

How nice to be taken care of all day!! I wish it was mothers week instead of Mothers Day! Happy Mothers Day!

Steve and Sarah said...

I can imagine wild turkey is about as good as elk meat! I am glad you had a good mothers day!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

Actually it tasted a lot better than I thought. It was only hard to eat because I had to help him clean it and pluck its feathers!

laura said...

Ewww! Was that the feet sticking out?! I am a baby but I would never eat something I had to gut and clean. Haha. Taylor cracks me up. I love the picture of Dallas and all your kids. I am trying to picture that one day being us and it is hard to imagine.

Kelly said...

I know, I can't wait to have no school too...Caidgen's last day is the 23rd. :) when does Cooper get out? It's funny to me that our girls will both start kindergarden! How fun. Caidgen just got into Benjamin Franklin but Blue thinks he's doing so well at Leading Edge that we should keep him there. I know that's true, but it's still hard to know he got in finally to a school that everyone knows is good...
I love that you cried reading my blog! You better check that IUD and make sure it's in good! I'm supposed to be the crier right now.

CDR said...

That was so sweet! I love the family picture and what a fun trip!!

Jess & Jessica said...

What a great man you married! That is awesome that he literally killed your dinner. Thank you for the nice complement on my blog. I really appreciate it! Happy late mother's day!

Matt and Jayna said...

The picture of the feet poking out of the cooler is so gross! It looks like witch fingers that people put out for Halloween. That is pretty cool to say that you ate a turkey your husband killed! Not everyone can say that...I'm guessing I never will. :0)

niki said...

Nice I am going to have show this to Nate he will get a kick out of it! Glad it was a good day!

The Lee Family said...

That just screams testosterone! What a sweet husband you have to kill a turkey for you! Sounds like you had a great mother's day

Mindy and Garry said...

Hey! Your blog is so cute! We are way jealous of your fun trip to Cancun! Hey thanks for your help with Ellie and your sweet comments on our blog! Hope things are going well for your family! Mindy :)