Monday, May 19, 2008

UH OH!!!!



We have officially entered into the world of crawling! Eli has been scooting around for about a month now but just a couple of days ago figured out how to crawl the "right" way. This is a bitter sweet moment for me. I am glad he is growing up but I was not ready for this much mobility. I have to vaccuum about every hour otherwise Eli will do it for me. And even though I think I have picked every thing up off the floor he seems to find the one crumb I left behind. I thought I did a good job at keeping my tile floors cleaned but after only a couple of hours of him being on the floor his knees are black! He gets frustrated because I will be working in one room of the house and by the time he makes it in there to see me I have finished my work in that room and I turn around to walk out. Then he has to turn his body and head in a different direction in attempt to follow me around. I love this age of babyhood. He is such a happier boy now that he can move around. Now if I could just get him to sleep through the night!!

5 comments:

Matt and Jayna said...

He is such a cute boy. Did all your kids crawl that early? Shaylin didn't crawl until 8 months and it wasn't even really crawling, but starting walking at nine months. It is nice when they can move around and are happier. That is so funny that he follows you around and can never catch you...yet at least!

CDR said...

Congrats on your litte guy crawling. It is a fun stage, and best of luck with the sleeping through the night thing!

Jess & Jessica said...

Yeah for crawling!!! He is so cute! I hear you on the vacuuming thing... I always have to keep the floors picked up because they seem to find everything.

Steve and Sarah said...

Mobile...that sucks! I was so glad Trevor was a late crawler he stayed my baby longer. It is fun though. Have fun with the dirty dry knees!

The Welly's said...

crawling, I love that. How exciting! kids are amazing in how they learn things on their own. congrats.