Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Recap--Sorry no pics for this one!

We had another wonderful weekend. Taylor took Cooper, Natalie, and our friends boy Michael to our ward's Father and Sons camp out. Yes, Natalie went. Our ward has so many primary aged children that they wanted to extend the invite to daughters too. So lucky for Natalie she got to go with Taylor. They spent their time fishing, eating junk food, sitting by the fire, and wandering the woods. When they got home Taylor told me that Cooper had fallen into the river that they were camped by. He fell in all the way to his neck! Cooper's friend that he was with actually had to fish him out with a stick! I was a little worried/angry at first. I wandered where Taylor was at the time that this occurred and why it was not prevented. But then I realized that those details don't matter since Cooper made it home in one piece with no major scrapes or bruises. I think I would rather not know the details!! I also heard that Michael almost fell in the camp fire....that would have been really bad since we were just borrowing him. I am so grateful that everyone made it home alive!! I was jealous that they got to go camping, I love camping so I look forward to later this summer when we can go as a family. I got to stay here and hang out with some friends from my ward because their kids were gone too. Even though I still had 2 of my kids with me it was still a nice break.
When they got home Saturday we cleaned out the camp trailer and ran some errands as a family. That is ALWAYS fun! Later that afternoon the kids had a birthday party to go to for their friend Jackson. They had a great time, it was even warm enough to play in the kiddy pool. Hooray for summertime!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

um, your kids seem to have a knack at falling into rivers and such. Didn't Cody do that this year too?! I can't believe they got home so early. How fun though. Eli crawling is SO cute - he may be your cutest baby yet.