Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vacation Part I

Driving to AZ




I know, I know, it has been too long since I have posted but I have good reason! Our family has been traveling the world. Ok, not really but Taylor and I did take a long over due vacation to Cancun, Mexico.
Here is how it all started........We have a friend that needed to go down there for work so I volunteered to watch their kids for them so they could get away alone together. Well a few days later they came to us and asked if we would rather go with them.....HECK YEAH!

My First Time on a Beach

I have never beeen to the beach or seen the ocean so of course I wanted to jump all over the opportunity. I was a bit hestitant to leave at first because Eli was still nursing and I was not sure how that was going to work with me being gone for 5 days. Taylor and I worked with him to take a bottle but Eli was very stubborn and would not latch onto it. There were several times leading up to the trip that we almost cancelled because of my fear that he would starve while I was gone. He denied the bottle until about 2 days before we were leaving. He finally decided that it was ok to eat from something other than me.
So, last Tuesday we drove the kids to our families in AZ and Taylor and I left for Cancun. It was the most amazing vacation I have ever been on!! We thoroughly enjoyed our quiet meals, not waking up in the middle of the night, and just flying by the seat of our OWN pants for once. We did what we wanted when we wanted. And we had awesome friends to spend our time with. Taylor and I really needed this time away and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity!!

Visiting Tulum-Mayan Temples








Drinking Coconut Milk




We went swimming in some cenotes, which are underground water caves. They were the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It was kind of scary though because the water was over 20 feet deep in some places.



4 comments:

laura said...

That looks SO fun! I am glad you finally got to go to the beach! I still cannot beleive that was your first time!!

Kelly said...

yeah, finally pics. I'm cracking up at your blog - now you can see why Blue and I go on vacation all the time...remembering life before babies ran it. Ii'm so glad Taylor finally vacationed with you - much better than hunting - at least if you ask me. :)How did Eli do?

Jess & Jessica said...

WOW! How fun!! That is so good that you guys took some time for yourselves. I bet it was tons of fun and lots of neat memories were made. Welcome back.

Brooke said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm now wishing I was on a beach. I see you decided to go back blonde.