Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School




Today was the first day of school for Cooper and Natalie. Cooper started 2nd grade and Natalie started Kindergarten. Cooper immediately ran off with some friends to play on the playground and hardly even said good bye! He is growing up and becoming very independent....I feel that I will soon be replaced by video games and girlfriends, YUCK!

When Cooper started Kindergarten I was sad to see him go but I was also very excited and wanted him to experience a new phase of life. My feelings towards Natalie starting are completely different. I do not want her to go to school AT ALL! She is such a sweet, innocent, caring little girl and I do not want the world corrupting her! At least she gets to attend a Charter school where the environment is a bit more controlled.

I was nervous to drop her off this morning. I am sad to see her grow up and I really wish I could keep her home with me forever, but alas every child must experience school. She was so excited when we pulled up to her school and even more excited when she found a friend to play with. I was sad as we drove away and it took everything in me to fight back the tears.

It helped that I had Taylor with me to keep me distracted. He was so nice and took off work this morning so that he could go with me to take the kids to school. Cooper and Natalie really enjoyed having their dad be a part of such a memorable day! I feel very blessed that his work schedule is so flexible! I am anxious and a tad bit nervous to spend every day at home with just 2 kids.....what am I going to do with myself?

5 comments:

Rachael said...

they look so darling! It's so exciting. I cried when Austin had his first day of Kindergarten and I wasn't even in the same state!!! My children are doomed. But remember those shopping trips and pedicures you thought you could do with no children, well, I bet it is a heck of a lot easier to do those with two children!! ;) Good luck with all of the new school adventures. I don't think Natalie could be corrupted even if she wanted to. She lives with 3 brothers! She can withstand anything! Love you guys!

Oscar and Mendie said...

That is so sad!! My heart is breaking for you! I have to send Brody on Monday and I can't even think about it! I'm so sad!! Thanks for the update! The kids look so cute!
Hugs, Mendie

Rennie said...

Fun day for Natalie sad day for you. There is a special bond between a mother and her daughter. My Mom always said...a son is a son till he gets him a wife...a daughters a daughter for the rest of her life. It's true.

Hope they both have an awesome year!

the lucas' said...

Your kids have gotten so big! Love the first day of school pics, they all look so cute =)

Kelly said...

Love your shirt. Welcome to the charter club! I love it. :)