Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

We had a great Thanksgiving day! We spent the morning with my family and then headed over to eat with Taylor's family in the afternoon. Unlike in years past, this year was very relaxing and we did not feel rushed or pressured between families.
We got to take some family pictures. We got all the grandkids together, which was a huge task in and of itself!! There are 14 of them under the age of 9. CRAZY! The pics aren't perfect but at least it is something.
All the Grandkids After looking at this pic I noticed that my boys are VERY outnumbered. Taylor and I have the only 3 boys in the whole family. Fortunately, they hold their own!!
From left to right: Cody (ours), Natalie (ours), Riley (Brian and Courtney's) holding Eli (ours), Ashley (Alex and Wendy's) holding Jenna (Alex and Wendy's), Megan (Alex and Wendy's), Breanne (Alex and Wendy's) holding Reagan (Marlene and Ben's), Cooper (ours), Amber (Karen's), Hannah (Brian and Courtney's), Olivia (Tracy's) holding Campbell (Brian and Courtney's)

My Family Thanksgiving Day

Marlene, Ben, and Reagan

Cooper, Amber, and Cody watching movie


Cody and Tylie playing (Thanks Laura for the pic)

Then on Saturday night we went to the Mesa Temple lights. I forgot how pretty the Christmas lights are at the temple. I really stunk it up at picture taking this trip. All these pics are courtesy of my sister....thanks Marlene.
Cathy, Eli and I at the temple

We had a really good time in AZ. It was so nice spending time with our families. It makes us miss them but we are really happy in NM. Our frequent visits home are definitely bitter sweet. I miss my brothers and sisters a lot!!
From left to right: Me, Marlene, Tracy, Brian, Alex
In front: Karen and Glen (twins)

2 comments:

Matt and Jayna said...

I cannot believe your parents have 14 grandkids!! I had NO idea there were that many. I shouldn't have been surprised since they have 7 kids. :0) How fun is that! I'm glad you wrote who's kids were who, so I could catch up. It was fun to look at all the Thanksgiving pictures and everyone looks great!

The Welly's said...

I love seeing the Mesa Temple lights. They are so pretty and if you can catch some group singing then I truly have a hard time leaving. It is so peaceful.